국내외 시선집중 정상추 뉴스프로...외신제보용 영문기사 한글 번역 국내 알려!

기사입력 2014.04.28 15:50 조회수 710
댓글 0
  • 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기
  • 구글플러스로 보내기
  • 카카카오스토리로 보내기
  • 기사내용 프린트
  • 기사 스크랩
  • 기사 내용 글자 크게
  • 기사 내용 글자 작게

The Coast Guard Finally Allows a Private Diving Company to Help Rescue

By Og Lim

April 26, 2014 – Perhaps what bothers families of the passengers and the public most about the sinking of the ferry Sewol may be this: Why the initial rescue operation by the authorities was so painfully slow and seemed even reluctant? With the best technology and trained personnel in the coast guard not a single person has been rescued from the sunken ferry. Didn’t the rescuers work hard enough? And why on earth did they refuse the volunteered help offered to them both at home and abroad?

According to the South Korean government, about 200 ships, 34 aircraft and 600 divers have been taking part in the search operation. The families and volunteers at the site give a different account. Only a handful of divers have reportedly been working for the rescue operation and this has been rather sporadic.

On Monday Lee Jong-In, CEO of Alpha Diving Technologies, Ltd., a private marine rescue and salvage company, brought his own equipment including a diving bell at his own expense to Jindo, where families of the missing passengers were desperately waiting for any news about their loved ones. Lee, who is an expert in rescue and salvage operations with over 30 years of experience in the field, had been saying from the beginning of the rescue operation that a diving bell was required to extend the diving time. With the aid of a diving bell, divers would have been able to work for up to 1 hour 20 minutes at a time, allowing a total of about 20 hours for a thorough rescue operation at a crucial time. Divers from the coast guard have been able to work in the water, for just 10-15 minutes at a time.[외신번역 국내 "뉴스프로" 제공]

However, when Lee arrived with his equipment at the port he was not allowed to work. He was told by government officials that it was not safe to bring and utilize his equipment due to the already established power and communication lines in the water. Lee was tearful when leaving the site.

Now on this video the families of the missing passengers are pleading with Lee to come back and help rescue possible survivors or recover bodies. With much pressure from the families and the public, the government has finally agreed to let him work in the sunken ferry. Lee is scheduled to start his operation on April 25th.

(script)

I’ll put you on the phone.
Speak!
Say something, quickly!
We must collaborate, let’s work together…
Stop saying such nonsense!
Well, in any case, I’ll bring all my equipment and put my best effort into trying to resolve this. We will discuss details..

Please come quickly!

Let me speak on the phone.

Please tell him to hurry!

I apologize for calling so suddenly. This is being broadcast live, and the missing people’s families are all listening.
The equipment, you said, is currently near Mokpo. When will you be able to bring it? If you leave right away.

If I start driving now, I will be there by 10 or 11PM.

Can you come any sooner?

Well, why didn’t you let me do the work when I was there?

Those bastards didn’t want it then!

Back then the coast guard kicked him off, telling him that the families did not want his help.

No, that is not true!

Very well. Come as soon as possible please. I’ll keep in touch.

한글 번역 http://thenewspro.org/?p=3523

해경, 마침내 민간잠수회사 구조작업 허용

By Og Lim

2014년 4월 26일  세월호 여객선 침몰 참사에서 승객 가족들과 국민을 가장 힘들게 했던 것은 아마 이것일 수 있다! 왜 당국에 의한 초기 구조작업은 그렇게 고통스럽게 느리고 심지어는 마지못해 하는듯 보이기까지 했나?

해양경비대의 최상의 장비와 훈련된 인력으로도 단 한 명의 승객도 침몰한 여객선으로부터 구해내지 못했다. 구조대원들이 열심히 일하지 않았나? 그리고 도대체 왜 그들은 국내와 해외에서 제시하는 도움을 다 거절했나?

한국 정부에 의하면 약 200척의 배, 34대의 비행기 그리고 600명의 잠수부들이 수색작업에 투입됐다고 한다. 현장에 있는 가족과 자원봉사자들의 말은 다르다. 겨우 몇 명의 잠수부들이 그것도 산발적으로 구조작업을 벌였다고 한다.

월요일 해상구조와 인양작업 전문회사인 알파 잠수기술공사의 대표인 이종인 씨가 자비로 다이빙 벨을 포함한 자신의 장비들을 실종 승객들의 가족들이 사랑하는 이들에 관한 소식을 필사적으로 기다리고 있는 진도로 가져왔다.

구조와 인양 작업 분야에 30년이 넘는 경험을 가진 전문가 이 씨는 구조작업의 초기에서부터 잠수시간을 연장시키기 위해 다이빙 벨이 필요하다고 말해왔었다.

다이빙 벨의 도움으로 잠수부들은 한 번에 1시간 20분까지 작업을 할 수 있을 것이며, 이로써 중요한 시점에 철저한 구조작업을 위해 총 20시간 정도의 잠수시간을 가능하게 한다는 것이다. 해양경비대의 잠수부들은 물 속에서 한 번에 겨우 10분 내지 15분 동안 작업을 할 수 있었다.

하지만 이 씨가 자신의 장비를 가지고 항구에 도착했을 때, 이 씨는 작업을 하도록 허락되지 않았다. 정부관계자들이 수중에 이미 설치된 전력선과 통신선 때문에 이 씨의 장비들을 가져와 사용하는 것은 안전치 못하다고 그에게 얘기했다. 이씨는 현장을 떠나면서 눈물을 보였다.

이제 이 동영상에서 실종 승객들의 가족들은 이 씨에게 돌아와서 가능한 생존자들을 구조하고 시신을 회수하는 일을 해달라고 사정하고 있다. 가족들과 국민의 거센 압력으로 정부는 결국 이 씨가 침몰된 여객선에서 작업하는 것에 동의했다. 이 씨는 4월 25일 작업을 시작하도록 예정돼 있다.

(스크립트)

제가 전화 돌려 드리겠습니다.
말씀하세요!
뭐라고 하세요 빨리.

같이 힘을 합쳐가지고 하는데, 같이 좀 …. 부탁을 드립니다.
그런 헛소리 말고!
저 뭐가 됐든 그 원하는 대로 제가 가져온거 전부해서 하는데 이번 일 해결하는데 총력을 기울이도록 하겠습니다. 자세한 거는 뭐.

빨리 와주세요!!

전화 좀 바꿔주세요.

빨리 와달라고 해주세요!!

갑자기 전화드려 죄송하구요 지금 생중계 되고 있고, 우리 피해자 가족들 다 듣고 계신데요,
지금 장비가 목포쪽에 있습니다. 지금 어떻게 운반, 언제까지 가능하실까요.
바로 출발하신다면.

지금 바로 차에서 하면 뭐
한 뭐 열시 열한시까지는 될거 같은데

더 빨리는 안될까요

아 근데 거기 있을 때 안잡…고 왜 지금와서 그래요.

거기 있을 때 안잡은건, 저 새끼들이 안잡은거지!

그 때 당시에 해경쪽에서 가족들이 난감해 한다고 쫒아냈거든요.

아 우리가 난감해 한적 없어요!!

좋습니다. 최대한 빨리 와주시구요, 저랑 제가 다시 연락드리겠습니다.

순천구례곡성담양인터넷뉴스 구독신청

기사제보/광고문의/취재요청(061)741-3456

[순천구례곡성담양인터넷뉴스 ]
  • 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기
  • 구글플러스로 보내기
  • 카카카오스토리로 보내기
<저작권자ⓒ인터넷핫뉴스 & www.schinews.com 무단전재-재배포금지>

회사소개 | 광고안내 | 제휴·광고문의 | 기사제보 | 다이렉트결제 | 고객센터 | 저작권정책 | 개인정보취급방침 | 청소년보호정책 | 독자권익보호위원회 | 이메일주소무단수집거부 | RSS top
모바일 버전으로 보기